Anime Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Got You Into Anime?

5 posters

Go down

What Got You Into Anime? Empty What Got You Into Anime?

Post by Joe Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Everyone has a story to share about what got them into anime. What's yours?

Honestly, what got me into anime would have to be Code Lyoko. I remember watching it when I was a little boy, and I still rewatch it whenever I get the chance. I wouldn't really categorize it as an anime for say, but it still lead me into anime itself, which actually, I am proud to say.

The real reason why I stay in anime, is because I can relate my life to it in some way ironically, and I can learn lessons from different types of anime. I'm also writing my own anime, two of them actually. I love many different kinds of anime now, and I'm always open to new ideas. What I like most are romance anime, because they seem more realistic compared to actual movies.
Joe
Joe
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

https://animetalk.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

What Got You Into Anime? Empty Re: What Got You Into Anime?

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:09 am

What got me into anime?

Hmmm..well i always loved anything Asian. Ever since going to Disney's Epcot as a little girl where they had the Japan/China exhibits. I still, till this day, never get bored of going there or Disney in general. It's like my cheap way of traveling lol. Anyways, there was also the influence of my friends but, it all started with Pokemon and then Japanese Animation took it's role in my life. Like, i don't think i would be the quirky kinda funny hispanical i am now if it weren't for anime. I love it that much to have it impact my life, it's apart of me. What got me hooked was the weird faces that came with certain emotions and how all the silly jokes made me laugh or the intensity of a certain anime kept me wanting more. It always kept me entertained; smiling, laughing or crying. Anime is my "go to" coping mechanism. Whenever i was sad, mad or, just whatever i would go to an anime site and watch anime. Sure i went out with friends and had my fair share of life but, by the end of the day i wouldn't go to sleep before watching at least one episode of the many…MANNNYYYY animes i've come across. Anime is a drug that i'm proud to overdose lol. \(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)/

Back to top Go down

Post by BankaiCake Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:48 am

hmmm well lets see...

"it all started with Pokemon and then Japanese Animation took it's role in my life. Like, i don't think i would be the quirky kinda funny hispanical i am now if it weren't for anime. I love it that much to have it impact my life, it's apart of me. What got me hooked was the weird faces that came with certain emotions and how all the silly jokes made me laugh or the intensity of a certain anime kept me wanting more. It always kept me entertained; smiling, laughing or crying. Anime is my "go to" coping mechanism. Whenever i was sad, mad or, just whatever i would go to an anime site and watch anime. Sure i went out with friends and had my fair share of life but, by the end of the day i wouldn't go to sleep before watching at least one episode of the many…MANNNYYYY animes i've come across. Anime is a drug that i'm proud to overdose lol. \(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)/"

i wont even try to make my post as awesome as hers^
But same reasons really, its my way of feeling emotions because i can submerse myself into it for days and laugh cry and smile with the characters.
and no it doesn't make me a punkbitch lol it means i got a heart ;3
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
 ~LIKE A SIR~
BankaiCake
BankaiCake
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

What Got You Into Anime? Empty "What Got Me Into Anime"

Post by JiiinJiiin Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:34 pm

It started with My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service. But at that point in time, I lacked the attention span and the internetz to really research into the style elements of those films. More real than anything else were the CARDS.
Back when I was a kid, you were NOTHING unless you were some kind of a Pokemon card hustler. It was Pokemon and Digimon (proudly displayed in true swindler style in a dense photo album, holographic cards UP FRONT). Things got real when Yu-Gi-Oh first aired. The local Target posted complaints about kids stealing booster packs. We sat in front of our television sets absorbing the somewhat awkward English dubbed episodes like our lives depended on it.
From that point on, my interests branched. A new book store opened up half a block away, and the manga section swallowed a good 60% of my youthful daylight hours.

Etcetera.
JiiinJiiin
JiiinJiiin
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:40 pm

JiiinJiiin wrote:It started with My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service. But at that point in time, I lacked the attention span and the internetz to really research into the style elements of those films. More real than anything else were the CARDS.
Back when I was a kid, you were NOTHING unless you were some kind of a Pokemon card hustler. It was Pokemon and Digimon (proudly displayed in true swindler style in a dense photo album, holographic cards UP FRONT). Things got real when Yu-Gi-Oh first aired. The local Target posted complaints about kids stealing booster packs. We sat in front of our television sets absorbing the somewhat awkward English dubbed episodes like our lives depended on it.
From that point on, my interests branched. A new book store opened up half a block away, and the manga section swallowed a good 60% of my youthful daylight hours.

Etcetera.
This sounds incredibly sad, yet exciting at the same time. Sounded like a great way to get into anime.
Joe
Joe
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JiiinJiiin Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:27 am

Bap wrote:
This sounds incredibly sad, yet exciting at the same time. Sounded like a great way to get into anime.
LOL. It wasn't very sad. It was a very barefoot-on-the-concrete sort of time. And AYE, it was exciting. I wouldn't go back to change a thing. Many fences were climbed in the name of Japanese animation.
JiiinJiiin
JiiinJiiin
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:38 am

Must've been some low-rise fences then. xD

Honestly, anime is an escape for me to another world to soften the impact despite the dire gravity of the situation that I'm mutually in everyday. My life isn't that great, but it's not too bad either. If I could, I'd relate my personality to one of those pitch-perfect anime guys that every girl wishes of having.
Joe
Joe
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JiiinJiiin Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:05 am

Bap wrote:Must've been some low-rise fences then. xD

Honestly, anime is an escape for me to another world to soften the impact despite the dire gravity of the situation that I'm mutually in everyday. My life isn't that great, but it's not too bad either. If I could, I'd relate my personality to one of those pitch-perfect anime guys that every girl wishes of having.
When it comes to purpose, anime/manga serves to partially 'validate' a kind of naivete I'm unwilling to outgrow.

I'm not afraid to lose everything and start again from nothing, because growing up a little underprivileged, I've done it more times than I can count. And when I watch/read stories where people suffer but unrealistically decide to stubbornly keep fighting at the cost of their own lives, it makes me feel a little better about the things I couldn't enjoy during my child/teenage years and inspires me on some level to be strong about it.

If I had to relate my personality to some sort of an anime archetype, I'd say that I'm most similar to the character that readily takes the initiative to act-- but only because I'm afraid of being absent/useless when the few people I hold very dear are threatened. That would be the absolute worst. High-minded ideals and hopes come second to them.

That being said, if you're a main protagonist (the guy "every girl wishes of having"), I'd be the pal that watches your back, only to die for no real reason other than to slightly influence your character growth LOL.
JiiinJiiin
JiiinJiiin
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:57 am

LOL. That'd be a way to go out. Not even a bang, more like a firecracker.

Honestly, I'm the type of anime character that isn't adequately prepared for what's coming, and just charges in headstrong. Of course, the only thing that makes me do that is reason, and a pretty good one at that. I like to protect my loved ones like you do, but you know; I'm an idiot for not being strong enough to ignore a woman's tears.

I dedicate my life to helping anyone and everyone regardless if they want it. I don't give them any options at all. I'm the type of person to run into a battle to protect a lady from being hurt, and then afterwards I'd apologize and be like, "I'm sorry. I know you wanted the first hit, but I got carried away."

I'm too stubborn and idiotic to think before I do things. If I feel like I have to protect someone, there is no time to think logically you know? You just have to do it. Over the boring years of my life, I've settled on a different path in life unlike anyone else's I would guess.

"Too much suffering occurs from misunderstandings."

I live by that saying. Over the years I've acquired knowledge that helps me to understand everyone in some way. As long as I don't put myself in front of others, then I'm good.

Simply put, I look at life from every aspect that I find. If someone shows me a new way of life to look at, I'll look at it from their perspective the best I can. Why live looking at one point of view, when you can look at the world from the eyes of everyone else you encounter?
Joe
Joe
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BankaiCake Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:07 am

i cant say i know how you feel exactly per say but i do remember those times of digimon and yu-gi-yoh and making sure i was watching them also. i've never realy had the great things however i have never really gone without. i got the ps2 approximately 2 years after it was made at a yardsale and fixed it so i could play it Razz. but i have always been thankful for what i had and i sure as hell wouldnt change a thing, so i feel like i can connect with you on that. its nice to meet you and welcome to the site. ^^
BankaiCake
BankaiCake
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by JiiinJiiin Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:47 am

Bap wrote:I dedicate my life to helping anyone and everyone regardless if they want it. I don't give them any options at all. I'm the type of person to run into a battle to protect a lady from being hurt, and then afterwards I'd apologize and be like, "I'm sorry. I know you wanted the first hit, but I got carried away."
Sadly, I don't think I possess that kind of courage. The only "brave" thing I've done in that context is rage-flying at some awful bully that was trying to hold my younger brother underwater. And that wasn't really bravery, it was more just a terror for my brother. There wasn't any thinking involved. But the punches were WORTH IT. It wasn't courage, it was fear. I can't understand people that rush in uncalled for. No offense; I'm not saying it's bad. It's just out of the grasp of my understanding and experience.

But woe to whatever tries to harm my brother. Evil or Very Mad 

BankaiCake wrote:i cant say i know how you feel exactly per say but i do remember those times of digimon and yu-gi-yoh and making sure i was watching them also. i've never realy had the great things however i have never really gone without. i got the ps2 approximately 2 years after it was made at a yardsale and fixed it so i could play it Razz. but i have always been thankful for what i had and i sure as hell wouldnt change a thing, so i feel like i can connect with you on that. its nice to meet you and welcome to the site. ^^
Thanks, Cake. ( ' v ' )~ And gosh, the PS2 is one of the BEST consoles out there. Great replay value with a HUGE library of gold-title games. It's a keeper, for sure. Not even the new-gen consoles have as diverse a library as the PS2.

@Bap:
You can be the main character, and I'll be the friend that goes out without a bang. The lack of glamor in my death will temporarily make you wonder what the point of all this fighting is, but a few episodes later, you'll regain your spark and fight harder than ever (and somehow win).

Lookit, we got ourselves a regular show.
JiiinJiiin
JiiinJiiin
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:53 am

@JiiinJiiin
I hand pixeled you a Userbar and added an image to it because I can. It compliments your rank so I think.

In any sense, yeah. People find it hard to understand me or what I do with my life. Believe it or not, it's a really rough path to follow, and I'm walking on the gravel and sharp-pointed rocks on my knees. At this point I'm over-encumbered by my devious endeavors, because of my reluctant personality. I managed to dive head-first down a hole not caring or knowing what I hit at the bottom. It turned out to be a pile of a rocks instead of a bed of fluffy pillows to comfort my reckless fall.
Joe
Joe
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JiiinJiiin Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:04 am

Bap wrote:@JiiinJiiin
I hand pixeled you a Userbar and added an image to it because I can. It compliments your rank so I think.

In any sense, yeah. People find it hard to understand me or what I do with my life. Believe it or not, it's a really rough path to follow, and I'm walking on the gravel and sharp-pointed rocks on my knees. At this point I'm over-encumbered by my devious endeavors, because of my reluctant personality. I managed to dive head-first down a hole not caring or knowing what I hit at the bottom. It turned out to be a pile of a rocks instead of a bed of fluffy pillows to comfort my reckless fall.
Many thanks, it's purty. Like a Star @ heaven 

It's going to sound odd, but I'm envious that you've got that level of conviction. It's grating and requires patience, but it simplifies things in a way because you don't have to double-think or reflect until after you've overcome your hurdles. When I'm faced with a challenge, I tackle it head-on; but not because I want to, but because I'm compelled by the painful feeling that I have no choice despite my best wishes.

I guess that's what would make you the main protag, and me the side-character.

This topic's gotten kind of derailed by this point.
JiiinJiiin
JiiinJiiin
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:10 am

x3 Topic is fine. We're on the path of anime, since we're comparing our lives to anime; and what better anime would benefit us more other than our lives? o; If you think about it, we actually delved deeper into the topic.
Joe
Joe
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JiiinJiiin Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:25 am

Bap wrote:x3 Topic is fine. We're on the path of anime, since we're comparing our lives to anime; and what better anime would benefit us more other than our lives? o; If you think about it, we actually delved deeper into the topic.
Yeah, I suppose you're right. Now we'll need a topic about which few characters we identify with the most, with pics and everything LOL.

BUT the point is, even if I committed an act that could be considered outright courageous by some, to me it was an act compelled by the force of fear. I can't bear the thought of winding up alone, whether by inaction or incompetence. (´_`。) I guess it boils down to that. I can live with pain and learn to grow from it, but the thought of enduring it by myself again leaves me feeling hollow. Anything's better than that. But so long as I have my loved ones, I feel capable of anything.

I'm just not cut out of the stuff that enables you to go charging in and asking questions later.
Now let's make anime avatars of our emotional barfing and make a glorious story of derp.
JiiinJiiin
JiiinJiiin
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by SabreOrchid Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Am I the only one who doesnt remember how i got into anime..? o.e?
SabreOrchid
SabreOrchid
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatsuye-Senpai Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:17 pm

When I was younger, I just wandered around the school library.  I eventually found some manga and figured out how to read the books right to left instead of left to right.  After that, I started to really explore all of the anime that comes with manga.
Hatsuye-Senpai
Hatsuye-Senpai
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down