Anime Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shingeki No Kyojin

3 posters

Go down

Shingeki No Kyojin Empty Shingeki No Kyojin

Post by BankaiCake Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:24 am

Must i say anymore? if you have not watched it (Attack On Titan) you are either new to anime as i was, or deprived ;o hope it helps a little bit
and ill help a little more and trry to test my bbl here ... click the picture to be redirected to the first episode ;o Shingeki No Kyojin Shingeki_no_kyojin___eren_and_mikasa_by_squ_chan-d69fr85
BankaiCake
BankaiCake
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Shingeki No Kyojin Empty Re: Shingeki No Kyojin

Post by Joe Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Honestly, I couldn't see myself getting all that much into Shingeki no Kyojin. It didn't keep me entertained enough, but I did watch it as soon as it first came out. Where no one knew about it. xD
Joe
Joe
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

https://animetalk.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BankaiCake Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:55 pm

it is a very good anime if you like being confused and watching awesome fight scenes Razz
BankaiCake
BankaiCake
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:04 pm

I'd watch Chrome Shelled Regios for that xD It confused the crap out of me.
Joe
Joe
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

https://animetalk.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:19 am

I love this anime...to the point where i have clothing and little nick nacks of it. No shame btw. I just loved how this started out, so dramatic and the intensity was just reeling me in every time i saw an episode.

Back to top Go down

Post by BankaiCake Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:31 am

i was always one of those people that couldnt pick up on social hints but if you set a show in front of me i could guess what was going to happen, but this anime had me 100% confused the ENTIRE time and i loved it. they had damned well better make a second series...
BankaiCake
BankaiCake
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:50 am

Oh yes, i'm praying to the anime gods to present us with a second season of Shingeki No Kyoujin.

Back to top Go down

Post by JiiinJiiin Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:38 am

My gods, this show was fun. I blew through it (what little there is of it) in a day or two. My only issue was that they repeated the whole "mankind received a reminder" scene thing at the beginning of a bunch of episodes. I've never been so angry with a bunch of fictional characters as I was with the ones here. The last time I remember being emotionally invested like this was when I watched Code Geass, and I still think Shingeki no Kyojin tops it in the emotion-barfing department. It is so dang enjoyable.

It satisfied the part of me that wishes I could dramatically prove my mettle in a hazardous situation, and it made me glad to see a show where they don't glorify pointless bloodshed and sacrifice. Speaking for both the anime and the manga, the pessimism and trauma in this story is reminiscent of All Quiet On the Western Front. While not completely original, I feel it's brilliant.

Is part of my love vicarious? Definitely.
Would I rewatch it (season 1)? Definitely-- provided I have a box of tissues with me.
JiiinJiiin
JiiinJiiin
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by BankaiCake Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:17 am

the main reason i love this anime is because i can somewhat connect myself to eren in 2 ways. i would fight tooth and nail to defend what i think is right and when someone i love is threatened i tend to become fairly enraged. but otherwise im just a fluffy teddy
{´◕ ◡ ◕`}
BankaiCake
BankaiCake
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by JiiinJiiin Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:36 pm

BankaiCake wrote:the main reason i love this anime is because i can somewhat connect myself to eren in 2 ways. i would fight tooth and nail to defend what i think is right and when someone i love is threatened i tend to become fairly enraged. but otherwise im just a fluffy teddy
{´◕ ◡ ◕`}
Bankai's the fluffiest teddy, chyuu~!

Ehhh a portion of the complaints I hear about this particular anime stems from the fact that few people really care for Eren's personality. He reflexively resorts to violence, aggressively imposes his world views on others, and is quick to condemn people for their moments of weakness. Basically, his temper is very unpleasant, and he's surrounded by several strong peripheral characters of great popularity.

It's already been made clear that Eren is mentally unstable (and I mean this in the most objective way possible); he arrived at Mikasa's house
SPOILER:
Anybody can scour the anime and especially the manga can agree that Eren's emotional and mental problems took root long before Shiganshina. He's just a really angry kid.

But despite these things, I find Eren is still a character very easy to relate to. Bankai mentioned a fierce desire to fight for what is right, and the great distress felt by one who witnesses a loved one under threat. A great deal of Eren's character may be harsh ('prickly' is a better word for it), but he's still influenced by a core of morality. He's endured plenty, and he never asked for what's happened to him (particularly
SPOILER:

He reflexively resorts to violence because as he grew up, he found it was a satisfactory solution to both environmental and emotional problems.
He aggressively imposes his views on others, because he can't fathom the possibility of anything else. His initial rub with Jean is ironic; despite appearing to hold perspectives that directly oppose the other, they're both trapped in the same habit of using their views to cope. Jean later realizes his delusional issues during Trost, but Eren fails to. In fact, a dramatic exhibition of this failure
SPOILER:
His quickness to condemn others for weakness exists for the exact same reason as the above.

TL;DR: Eren is an ugly cactus I'd love to hug, and a big part of why I find this show so enjoyable.
JiiinJiiin
JiiinJiiin
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum